Do you photograph weddings?
Short answer, No. As much as I'd be honored that you want me to photograph the most important day of your life, I simply can't. I've photographed weddings before and to be quite honest, I don't do well under pressure. And a wedding is a one time deal. You only have one chance to capture it all, so I leave that up to the experts. Choose someone who specializes in wedding photography. And make sure you like their shooting and editing style since we're all very different. If you'd like some referrals please send me an email and I'd love to give you a few that I think are amazing!
Do you offer mini sessions?
We do offer mini sessions! But they are only offered for most holidays and sometimes at random. We do not offer them for private bookings. Once mini sessions are open for booking they are first come, first serve. They are date, time and location specific and we only offer a limited amount of spots. If you'd like to be join our email list please send us a message so you can be informed when mini sessions or discounts will be available.
Where are you based and do you travel?
I'm located in Wilmington, North Carolina. And yes, I do travel! Typically our packages include up up to 20 miles for travel, but I don't go outside a 60 mile radius. If you want me to photograph your family & your location is outside of the travel radius it will require a travel fee, depending on where it takes place. All travel fees include travel time to and from the location as well as any assistants or extra equipment that needs to come along.
Do you provide outfits?
Yes, if you're a client! We do have a client closet which we offer a selection of maternity gowns as well as baby & sitter outfits too! It's also a good idea to have back up outfits in case you want a different look from what we carry. Most of our baby & sitter outfits are handmade, we pull all potential outfits out when you come in for your milestone session. Maternity gowns require a fitting a week before your session date, make sure you schedule one if you decide you'd like to use a gown! You must be a client to use anything in our client closet.
Where can we shoot?
Great question! Anywhere you'd like! All of my packages include a certain amount of mileage, if your location goes outside of that it will incur a travel fee. But I'm always willing to travel if that location means the most to you! Keep in mind, some places are not public and will incur a charge to shoot there, this will be added to your session fee. Some people do have a hard time choosing if there isn't a "special or meaningful" place. Just take a look at the "locations" tab and you'll see there's lots of beautiful spots right here in Wilmington! We truley live in a gorgeous place!
When will we get our proofing galleries?
You will receive an email to your proofing gallery within 6-8 weeks with a link to an online gallery.
How many pictures will we receive?
Each package comes with a certain amount of digital images included. Our proofing galleries contain all the best images in a soft proofing gallery and you can choose from there. Once your choices are made they go into the final stages of editing. Most proofing galleries contain anywhere from 25-65 images. It just depends on if it was a mini or full gallery. Please make sure you read all package descriptions to know what's included with your package.
Do you have gift certificates?
Yes! We offer any dollar amount or by the package! Whatever you choose! But gift certificates must be used within 6 months from the purchase date. And the recipient is responsible for scheduling the session date before it expires. We always suggest getting in touch with us as soon as you receive it so we can get it scheduled!
1. We only answer inquiries, questions & emails from Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm. And that's only when we're not shooting of course, so these times do vary! We don't answer inquiries on the weekends, this is for either scheduled sessions or strictly family time! Please give us at least 24-48 hours to respond (business hours only). We will get back to you, and if you don't hear back within that week please reach out again, emails can get lost! Thanks so much for your patience.
2. Sneak peeks on social media are a courtesy, we do them because we can't wait to show you how adorable your baby is! But keep in mind, we don't have to do them. We do them because we want to and because I want to share my work as much as you want to see them! I LOVE doing it too. I used to be able to share a sneak peek within 24 hours of a session, but with 3-4 sessions a day it's just physically impossible. So sneak peeks will still happen, but it will be within the week. If you need one image quicker for any specific reason you will have to let me know. I certainly don't mind doing it for you!
3. Please do NOT bring a sick baby into my studio. I cannot stress this enough. When you fill out your reservation form, you actually sign a consent that you won't do this. This was a reoccurring problem in the past that we've been dealing with so we're doing our best to avoid it in the future. I will ask you to leave, but to avoid that I'd like for you to just reach out so we can reschedule. You're not only putting my staff and I at risk, but any baby who comes in after your session too. We clean as best as we can but I'd rather not risk it. I simply can't have sickness in there when we photograph newborns all the time. Also, your babies will not act themselves when they're sick so you can't expect the session to go well either, this goes for any session that includes a baby or toddler. So please, we totally don't mind rescheduling you for a sick child at all i:)! It's never worth the risk no matter how you look at it.
4. I know we're a small business, but we're a growing small business and we have rules to abide by. So whether it's a gift certificate, or you've been gifted a credit, or even if it's the 3 months you have to pick your final galleries, these are rules we have for a reason. Please make sure you're aware of expiration dates & timeframes, we always have them. We totally understand that life happens and things can get in the way but that's out of our control. Same goes for booking a session, the retainers are always non refundable. Unless of course it's a sick baby or family emergency. We do get it, life happens, but we simply can't let every little thing slide.
5. Our proofing gallery turn around times are now between 4-5 weeks from your session date. If you need your photos back by a certain date, then we'll plan accordingly when booking. Our proofing galleries have always been given back in a timely matter but life also happens here too. Between me or my staff, things can just happen. Delays can happen, and we do apologize for them but we try and get them fixed right away. And there's always a chance that they're done earlier too (we will send them out), and that always makes everyone happy!
6. Remember, photoshoots aren't meant to be stressful before, during or after the process. Whatever photoshoot it is, they're meant to make memories & to capture who they are or what point in your life you want to capture. By just going with the flow, and having fun with it will create much better memories for you. Just have fun and be positive! Your babies & children will catch onto your vibes too.
7. I love all my clients and most of y'all have my cell phone number. If you have any questions or comments, please send an email or message to the business page. I will most likely forget about questions through text, Instagram or my personal Facebook. I like to keep my personal & business life separate (at least I'm working towards that). And I like to keep all my inquiries to only 2 locations so we're all organized.
Thanks for listening! We know there's a lot of you out there who already go by these rules and we thank you so much for that, it never goes unnoticed ever! We just gain new clients daily, so I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who doesn't already know & especially starting out this new year with a few new policies!